Both Brian and I have very differing tastes, so we are trying to blend them together to make the townhome into something we both love. Whilst I am more traditional in my tastes, Brian likes modern clean lines so the renovations are going to be an interesting process.
Basically we decided on the following major projects:
Kitchen - opening the kitchen up and creating a large open plan kitchen into the dining room.
Bathroom - A major redecoration is obviously needed.
Electrics - The house really wasn't very well lit so we are adding lots of extra lights and wiring the whole living area for surround sound. Brian is in his element buying the "technology". I have no clue but supposedly it will be all RF!
Closet - the current master closets were two small his and hers. We are going to knock through and make one large walk-in closet. Stand by and watch the lady encroach!
Master Bedroom - renovation of the fireplace.
Wine Cellar - So one of the other selling features was the huge amount of storage that the townhome offers. Our idea is to transform one of the storage rooms into a wine cellar. Then we can work on filling it up!
General - Decorating, sanding and staining floors and staircase, new carpets.
Basically we decided on the following major projects:
Kitchen - opening the kitchen up and creating a large open plan kitchen into the dining room.
Bathroom - A major redecoration is obviously needed.
Electrics - The house really wasn't very well lit so we are adding lots of extra lights and wiring the whole living area for surround sound. Brian is in his element buying the "technology". I have no clue but supposedly it will be all RF!
Closet - the current master closets were two small his and hers. We are going to knock through and make one large walk-in closet. Stand by and watch the lady encroach!
Master Bedroom - renovation of the fireplace.
Wine Cellar - So one of the other selling features was the huge amount of storage that the townhome offers. Our idea is to transform one of the storage rooms into a wine cellar. Then we can work on filling it up!
General - Decorating, sanding and staining floors and staircase, new carpets.
What ever happened to the word wardrobe ? I thought you were English
ReplyDeleteWine Cellar: just take the coolest one with the least amount of temp variation.
I know. Touché Gregory. Although these are walk-in rooms as opposed to furniture! I should however be true to my English roots!
ReplyDelete