Two views, two different visions but hopefully (in the end) one beautiful home!

This Blog will show a weekly account of the renovation works, the hurdles we are finding and our ideas and inspiration for the home we are creating.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Inspiration for the kitchen

Both Brian and I wanted an open kitchen with an island so that when one of us was cooking the other could sit and talk to the person cooking.  One thing I love to do is cook and having had small kitchens in both the LA condo and previously in London had meant entertaining was hard.  We hope that the new kitchen will change that.

Here are some of the kitchen inspiration that got our though processes going.


We like the simple clean lines of a brighter white kitchen.

 

I particularly like the apron fronted sink style as shown in this picture. 
A little bit of tradditional.

We both love the deep drawers and pull out spice rack shown above.

The inspriation for putting a wine fridge in the end of the Island came from this picture:


I like the shaker style and we are hoping to replicate the use of the space in the island like in this picture.

We thought a really good use of the breakast nook end of the kitchen could be a computer desk like the one shown above.

We both love the idea of a pull out hidden toaster!

We thought shelving above the sink might be a useful addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment